Welcome to our NEW support portal! We are now SonicWall, with a dedicated support site. Learn more.
In order to investigate this issue our engineering team will require a sample of the Virus/Trojan/Malware or a unique identifier like an MD5 file checksum.
Here's how to provide a sample for a Virus/Trojan/Malware or false positive:
Note: This page can also be accessed directly at the following link: https://www.mysonicwall.com/report/ReportIssues.aspx
1. Create a case with clear description of the issue and other relevant details and attach the TSR and Pref''s files from the SonicWALL Appliance.
2. Customers must provide the sample in a password protected zip file.
3. Also be careful in handling the Virus/Trojan/Malware samples. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLES TO YOUR WORK COMPUTER.Please use a computer in the lab/test network which is not connected to the office network for uploading these samples.
Caution: DO NOT attach the samples to the SFDC case, rather upload it as mentioned in Step 4.
4. Collect the Virus/Trojan/Malware sample and upload using below form, mention the Case number / Tracking ID # in the SFDC # during upload.
5. By default the submission type will be set as ''Gateway Antivirus'' and the sample will get uploaded to the Virus Database and our Gateway Antivirus team will be notified about your submission.
The sample submitter can expect a response from the GAV research team within 24 hours of submission
6. Mention the case # /Tracking ID, so that the sample can be corelated with the case number.
7. Update the case with the virus sample Submission ID number that is provided after submission of the sample.
© 2017 SonicWall Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Legal Privacy